- This event has passed.
Peer Workshop on Humanitarian Negotiation
24 February 2019 - 26 February 2019
The workshop will introduce participants to practical negotiation tools and methods elaborated on the basis of the latest empirical policy research conducted by CCHN and the Humanitarian Negotiation Exchange Platform of the ICRC.
- Strategic planning and critical thinking in complex environments
- Conflict analysis and network assessment
- Planning and evaluating negotiation processes
- Role of norms in negotiation processes
- Humanitarian mediation
- Setting priorities in frontline negotiations
- Storytelling as a dissemination process of lessons learned
A cost-recovery fee of USD 360 is required from all participants as to ensure the sustainability of the Peer Workshop Program. This fee covers all the instruction, material, conference rooms, lunches and coffee breaks during the three-day event. The fee is non-reimbursable but can be transferred to another similar CCHN event in a calendar year. A Certificate of Participation will be delivered to all the participants who completed the Peer Workshop.
This workshop is designed to serve the needs of humanitarian professionals with a minimum of 3 years of experience in operational negotiations. It is open to national and international staff of humanitarian agencies and organizations working in conflict environments. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.