Thank you for considering employment with the Centre of Competence on Humanitarian Negotiation. We publish all vacancy announcements below. Check-in regularly to see what is available. We often advertise our job vacancies on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, so follow us there for the latest opportunities.
Digital Hub Officer positions for CCHN
The Centre of Competence on Humanitarian Negotiation (CCHN) is seeking to retain the services of three Digital Hub Officers to support its digital engagement with humanitarian professionals in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. The main purpose of this position is to assist in the deployment and management of CCHN digital platforms among frontline negotiators in the regions, supporting peer-to-peer exchange activities, contributing in the capacity-building of members of the CCHN community in using digital exchange platforms, as well as to act as the tech-host for regional and global online workshop events.
While being part of a global digital support team, the CCHN Digital Hub Officer is a strong support and reports directly to the Regional Negotiation Support Specialist.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Contributing to the design and production of digital activities for CCHN members on a combination of platforms such as Zoom, Teams, Miro, QiqoChat, Wonder.me, Mighty Networks, WhatsApp, etc.;
- Actively engaging with members on these digital platforms to motivate and stimulate their participation with incentivization and gamification;
- Acting as the technical host of digital events and platforms in the region, ensuring a proper design, smooth user experience and integrity of the platforms;
- Facilitating the collection of data on the experience of participants to improve CCHN products and productivity and ensuring their transfer to colleagues/or tools for statistics purpose;
- Advising on ways to improve the accessibility of CCHN platforms for all its members.
Junior profile with the following education and experience:
- Undergraduate education in social sciences, computer sciences, international relations or equivalent professional experience.
- Confirmed experience in the use and design of interactive digital platforms and events.
- Some experience in managing and facilitating professional development events such as training courses, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Professional experience in the humanitarian or international development sector is a definite asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in English and French for Africa.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic for the Middle East.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish for the Latin America Region.
- Capacity to translate didactic material into regional languages.
- Proven capacity to work remotely and under pressure.
- Attention to details and proven resilience in front of evolving technology as well as constraints on digital access in some regions and contexts.
- Strong capacity to adapt to new demands and changing environments.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Sensitivity to political and cultural dimensions of frontline negotiation activities.
Type of Contract: Full-time, local and temporary type contract.
Work locations: For the positions of Digital Hub Officers for Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, the candidates must be based in Europe.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021