On this page, you will find links to several resources to help you manage pressure and take care of yourself, to better prevent any work-related stress issues.
Why pressure management and self-care for Frontline Humanitarian Negotiators in particular?
Research conducted by the CCHN within its community of practice since its creation has identified the following:
Sources of pressure
- Frontline negotiators can be exposed to a wide variety and many layers of pressure, both contextual, inherent to operating in the frontline and functional, inherent to the ambivalent position of having to negotiate humanitarian outcomes.
Effects of pressure
- Non-managed pressure can have a significant impact on the negotiation process, team and outcome
- Non-managed long-term or overwhelming pressure can cause compassion fatigue, burnout or other physical and mental health problems, increasing turnover and creating a pressure snowball effect on teams and organisations.
For additional information on the CCHN’s related activities aimed at humanitarian negotiators, please visit the Community of Care page or contact Maude Pittet-Nazareno, Project Manager, at [email protected].
Documentary about the mental health of humanitarian workers. Directed & Edited by Sophie Zermatten
Arche Suisse Beyond Borders – ASBB
ASBB is a Swiss-based non-profit association that helps humanitarian workers to prevent and overcome stress-related issues with a variety of effective tools derived from the practice of hypnosis.
Book an appointment now
The Headington Institute was established in 2001 to provide psychological and spiritual support for humanitarian aid and disaster relief personnel worldwide.
Book an appointment now
- Sleep, Release Anxiety and Release Stress (Guided) Audios – Insight Timer (Arabic, English, French, Spanish, Other Languages)
- Psychonaute – Découvrez l’autohypnose (French)
- Guided relaxation – Peer workshop self-care session (English)
- Relajación guiada – Modulo de autocuidado del taller de negociación (Spanish)
- Smiling Mind – Mindfulness App (English)
- HealthyMinds – Meditation and Breathing App (English)
- Igor Adoris – Mental Training (English, Other Languages)
- Cyntha Gonzalez – Radical Forgiveness (English)
- A 3′ audio explaining the stages of grief (English)
- Dr. Richard Brown – “The healing power of breath” (English, French, Other Languages)
- Bessel van der Kolk, MD – “The body keeps the score” (English, French)
- Alessandra Pigni – “The idealist survival kit” (English, French)
- Peter A. Levine – “Waking the Tiger” (English, French)
- Igor Adoris – “Mental Training” (English, Other Languages)
- Francesca Giulia Mereu – “Recharge your Batteries” (English, French, Italian)
- Kelly McGonigal – “How to Make Stress your Friend” (English)
- Retrouver du Confort avec l’Hypnose (French)
- CCHN World Summit 21 – Self-Care 1: Posture (English)
- CCHN World Summit 21 – Self-Care 2: Breathing (English)
- CCHN World Summit 21 – Self-Care 3: Focus (English)
- The HeartMath Experience (English)
- Francesca Giulia Mereu’s LinkedIn Support Group (English)
- Join the CCHN Circle on Insight Timer (Arabic, English, French, Spanish, Other Languages)
- Retreats in Rural France for Humanitarian and Development Workers (English)
- Dr Dan Pronk – Ex-Special Ops Doctor weekly newsletter with actionable ideas to thrive in complex environments (English)
- Headington Institute: Database with Various Great Resources (English)
- Information sur le Psycho-Trauma (French)
- Agnes Otzelberger – “Burning out for People and Planet: Four Dangerous Self Care Myths” (English)